Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Getting Ready for a World Tour

I'm swamped this week and getting ready to leave on Friday for a 2-week work trip (my limit in terms of time-away-from-Bob).  The itinerary is Bangkok for 3 days, Saigon for 3 days, and Barcelona for 6 days--a few of those are fun days tacked on at the end.

The packing list has started, and I headed to Target to pick up a few things.  As usual, I picked up a few more things than I needed, including 2 good travel items:  a new jewelry travel pouch and a travel toothbrush.

Perfect for all my baubles and arm party!
I am trying to be more put together, and as such, I'm traveling with more jewelry these days.  As I'm super keen on having a bunch of bracelets and making an arm party, my teenie tiny little jewelry box just wasn't cutting it for brining a bunch of bracelets.  I was a hot mess stuffing them in my suitcase this past weekend, and I think if I didn't intervene, there would be some serious loss.  Especially of my hilarious "make your own saying" bracelet which makes me chuckle.  This new pouch has a bunch of pockets and the strap on the left has spots for stud earrings.  Winning!  And a ring holder (not like I need it) on the right.  Plenty of space and it folds flat and origami-like.  Score.  Sadly, no links to buy on line, it's in the travel section.
Genius.  Swiss Army Toofbrush.

My other find is a suggestion from a friend this weekend who had a nifty Swiss Army Toothbrush from Colgate.  Why haven't I seen this before??  I guess I was just always using the freebies from the dentist, and probably not swapping out enough.  Well, this sucker is now headed to places far and away with me!

I've got to start getting my list together--it's been a little while since I've been on an extended work trip overseas.  Stuff like adapters and Imodium need to get written down or they get forgotten.  Since I know Thailand and Vietnam aren't necessarily "buy it when I get there" destinations, I just want to make sure I get it all.

I'm also contemplating a luggage refresh.  I have a perfect carry on, but no way in hell can I fit 2 weeks of business clothes in there.  My larger bag is a beast, and the wheels aren't the super smooth ones--it takes a bit of muscle to haul that thing around.  And although I know I can fill it, I kind of want something smaller.  Maybe hard-sided?  I don't know.  I sure as hell don't have the time to find it this week, sadly.



No comments: