Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rainy day sightseeing outfit--Barcelona

Rainy day sightseeing outfit

Rainy day sightseeing outfit by posinator featuring a military jacket

Key for a spring sightseeing trip in Barcelona is to keep it simple. Although I wish I had that umbrella with me...

Military jacket is light weight, but still enough to stay warm.  I layered with a t-shirt and a scarf, since I knew we'd be in-and-out of spots.  I also decided to break in my new gold loafers (mine are Sam Edelman).  I wanted simple and unfussy, but a bit of flair since Barca is pretty fash.

One key is my crossbody with latch.  Barcelona pickpockets are notorious (and my colleague did actually have a guy's hand in her purse in the train station when the cops were cuffing him and taking him away).  I put my cash and a card in my front pocket, left the rest of my wallet in the safe in the hotel, and had a pretty worry-free day on that front.  Normally, I'm not that paranoid, but literally watching a guy get dragged away had me a bit more aware.

No comments: