Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Keeping it Simple on Business

Keeping it Simple on Business



I have a 3-day business meeting in Barcelona next week--which so happens to be right before my 2 week Europe paragliding vacation.  That means some tricky packing.  I'm trying to keep life as simple as possible for the work stuff, since that's not going to be the case for paragliding and hiking.  Although I think I've done a decent job.  Although I probably could have simplified with a dress, I'm not convinced it's warm enough to really want to wear one.  Plus, hotel conference rooms are always so chilly.  The black jeans, loafers, and blazer are going to do super-duty, for pre-meetings, the last day, and for warmth.  I am going with my standard colored pants and black-and-white combos to keep it easy.

Blazer:  Zara. Nicely made, affordable, classic.  Mine has puff sleeves for a little extra something.

Loafers:  Mine are Nine West and are calf hair with spikes on the back.   A little edgy.  Comfortable, now that I've put in some heel inserts.

Bag:  I'm still debating, but based on my last Barcelona experience, I definitely need a bag with zippers that's cross-body.  Dang those pickpockets.

Pants:  The green and blue ones are Banana Republic...from last season.  But these Reiss ones look nice.

Black Jeans:  My go-to for the last day of a business meeting.  These Citizens skinny Avalon jeans are awesome.  Like leggings, but jeans.

Black and white striped t-shirt:  Mine is a heavier weight Banana Republic shirt that's a heavier material that works well under a blazer.

Silk shirts:  Both are staples.  The black and white dot one is a good go-to with pants or jeans.  I just picked up one from Uniqlo (after being able to read the Japanese on it!) for $20.  Seriously, for a silk shirt.  Awesome.

Jewelry:  I'm not too faffed on this one.  Keeping it super simple, as I will be either lugging this stuff on my post-work vacation, or storing it at the airport, so nothing to flash.

Luggage:  I'm debating on checking my bag, since I'll also be lugging a paraglider...so my little carry on Briggs and Riley may just go under the plane to keep it light and easy.  I've got a connection through Frankfurt and it's just annoying to have to lug shit around if I'm already checking one piece...but I just have to remember to lock it.  And use my old name tag.

Looking forward to this trip--love Barcelona, and hoping to get the chance to eat at 7 Portes (since last time I had food poisoning and didn't go out).  Staying at a hotel near the airport, so at least that'll be easier to get into town.

And REALLY looking forward to the vacation...2 weeks of mountain air, flying, hiking, and being outside all day.  Can't wait.

No comments: